background

Thursday, March 10, 2011

A shopping we will go!

I have several nicknames for my kids and they always know my mood by which one I use.  :)

So I'm at the grocery store with my daughter on a Saturday morning.  Ugh.  Not a good time to go, but that's when I was able to.  While waiting for me to grab some salad dressing, my daughter sits down in an empty spot in the shelfving by the toilet paper, with the cart right next to her.  So from looking in, you only see my cart next to the shelving.  I didn't think about this.  I just was happy when people stopped walking by so I could grab the dressing and move on.  Which I almost do.  Before moving on, I look at her and casually but not too quietly so that she hears me ask her, "Hey baby - you coming with me?"  As my daughter stands up to follow me, an older man on the other side of me tells me, "Oh.  I didn't see her there..."

1 comment: