background

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Play Time

Two 4 year olds, a boy and a girl, are outside playing.  She sees the empty footstool and sits on it, pretending to drive.  He sees her and - hey that looks like fun.  So he grabs a kiddie chair, which happens to be smaller than the footstool, and sits down next to her.

The little boy, "I'm driving a truck."
Girl, "Nope.  I'm taller.  That means I'm driving the truck.  Besides, girls always drive the trucks.  You're driving a car."
As his shoulders slump, the boy, "Fine.  I'm driving the car."
Girl, "Since you're driving the car, go to the store get some stuff for me."

My husband was sitting by and chuckled, "Welcome to the rest of your life buddy."

1 comment:

  1. Amen, except to be honest, Jeanne won't drive my truck. She has yet to sit behind the wheel since we bought it.

    ReplyDelete