background

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Not like it use to be

While I'm typing this, my kids are arguing.  Well, kind of.  My daughter is laughing her head off and my son is sternly saying, "It's not funny!!"

Rewind a little bit.  We're watching a nativity movie when my son tells my daughter, "Mary isn't riding a horse.  She's riding the A word."

My daughter is old enought to know what that means and looks at him funny, "What?"

His reply, "Ya, that's an old fashion word - it use to mean donkey."

Her laughter starts.  "How do you know that?"

My son, "Thomas (his friend) and I looked it up on the internet and it's true!"

So the night started with a movie about the birth of our Savior and ended up discussing what swear words use to mean in the old days.

3 comments:

  1. can't you wait until they discover what the f-word originally meant? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too funny. I could just see the whole thing playing out in my mind as I read it. In my new truck I have XM radio and so I listen to a lot of 50s and 60s music and it's amazing how often they talk about gay parties and how everyone is happy and gay, etc. A huge change in half a century.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just like the part where they're looking up swear words on the internet.

    ReplyDelete